MANILA, Philippines—”Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story” bagged the best picture award at the 30th Luna Awards held at the Quezon Ballroom of the Quezon City Sports Club in Quezon City on Sunday night.
The Film Academy of the Philippines (FAP), organizer of the awards ceremony, also bestowed upon “Manila Kingpin” lead actor Jeorge Estregan Jr. the best actor honor.
Other winners announced during the program were:
- Paul Soriano (“Thelma”), best director
- Maja Salvador (“Thelma”), best actress
- John Regala (“Manila Kingpin”), best supporting actor
- Lovi Poe (“Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow”), best supporting actress
- Froilan Medina and Paul Soriano (“Thelma”), best screenplay
- Odessy Flores (“Thelma”), best cinematography
- Fritz and Mona Silorio “Manila Kingpin”), best production design
- Jason Cahapay and Ryan Orduna (“Manila Kingpin”), best editing
- Raul Mitra (“No Other Woman”), best musical score
- Albert Michael Idioma (“Manila Kingpin”), best editing
- Special Awards
- Special Reel Award: Rodolfo “Dolphy” Quizon
- FPJ Lifetime Achievement Award: Augusto Salvador
- Manuel de Leon Award for Exemplary Achievement: Manuel “Jun” Urbano
- Lamberto Avellana Memorial Award : Ben Feleo, Don Escudero and Jose Batac
The program hosts were Rez Cortez and Katya Santos.