Kris Aquino Will Return to Her Shows


After successfully turning a family crisis into a national issue and subsequently claiming that she is resigning from all her shows and quitting showbiz, Kris Aquino’s pronouncement may be a bit premature.

ABS-CBN has announced that the TV host will stay on her programs in the Kapamilya network.

Aquino currently hosts a talk show called “Kris TV” aside from starring in primetime soap “Kailangan Ko’y Ikaw” and judging the reality talent search “Pilipinas Got Talent.”

On March 23, Bong Osorio, head of ABS-CBN Integrated Corporate Communications, said in a statement that network executives will meet with Aquino when she returns to the Philippines from a trip to France with her son James “Bimby” Yap Jr.

Two days before the trip, Aquino was interviewed on “TV Patrol” during which she announced she would be resigning from all her shows to take care of her son in the face of recent conflict with former husband James Yap.

The 42-year-old star said on air, “I’m giving up my shows. Hindi ko sinasabi ‘yan just so that I can say na I’m the one making the bigger sacrifice. Tinatalikuran ko ang mundo na kinilala ko na bumuhay sa akin dahil higit doon sa karera ko, mas mahal ko ang anak ko (I’m not saying that just so I can say I’m the one making the bigger sacrifice. I’m turning my back on the world of my career because more than my career, I love my son).”

Commitments

But Osorio maintained in the ABS-CBN statement that “upon her return, Kris will fulfill her commitment to her soap ‘Kailangan Ko’y Ikaw,’ which is nearing its end.”

“She will also have to stay as [a] judge in ‘Pilipina Got Talent’ till its end in June. Being a foreign franchise, there are commitments we have to fulfill and rules we need to abide by,” he added.

As for “Kris TV,” Osorio said the next episodes had already been taped in preparation for her vacation in France.

However, Osorio did not confirm that Aquino will tape any more episodes of the show after her return.

On March 20, Aquino was granted a temporary protection order (TPO) by a Makati regional court after former husband James Yap allegedly made overt sexual advances on her in her home and in the presence of Bimby.

Despite Yap’s petition for a hold departure order (HDO) to be imposed on mother and son, Aquino and Bimby were allowed to leave the country for Paris on Saturday, March 23.

Maybe, we ought to start calling her, the Queen of All Media Pronouncement! Sheesh!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s