Kris Aquino Will Return to Her Shows


After successfully turning a family crisis into a national issue and subsequently claiming that she is resigning from all her shows and quitting showbiz, Kris Aquino’s pronouncement may be a bit premature.

ABS-CBN has announced that the TV host will stay on her programs in the Kapamilya network.

Aquino currently hosts a talk show called “Kris TV” aside from starring in primetime soap “Kailangan Ko’y Ikaw” and judging the reality talent search “Pilipinas Got Talent.”

On March 23, Bong Osorio, head of ABS-CBN Integrated Corporate Communications, said in a statement that network executives will meet with Aquino when she returns to the Philippines from a trip to France with her son James “Bimby” Yap Jr.

Two days before the trip, Aquino was interviewed on “TV Patrol” during which she announced she would be resigning from all her shows to take care of her son in the face of recent conflict with former husband James Yap.

The 42-year-old star said on air, “I’m giving up my shows. Hindi ko sinasabi ‘yan just so that I can say na I’m the one making the bigger sacrifice. Tinatalikuran ko ang mundo na kinilala ko na bumuhay sa akin dahil higit doon sa karera ko, mas mahal ko ang anak ko (I’m not saying that just so I can say I’m the one making the bigger sacrifice. I’m turning my back on the world of my career because more than my career, I love my son).”

Commitments

But Osorio maintained in the ABS-CBN statement that “upon her return, Kris will fulfill her commitment to her soap ‘Kailangan Ko’y Ikaw,’ which is nearing its end.”

“She will also have to stay as [a] judge in ‘Pilipina Got Talent’ till its end in June. Being a foreign franchise, there are commitments we have to fulfill and rules we need to abide by,” he added.

As for “Kris TV,” Osorio said the next episodes had already been taped in preparation for her vacation in France.

However, Osorio did not confirm that Aquino will tape any more episodes of the show after her return.

On March 20, Aquino was granted a temporary protection order (TPO) by a Makati regional court after former husband James Yap allegedly made overt sexual advances on her in her home and in the presence of Bimby.

Despite Yap’s petition for a hold departure order (HDO) to be imposed on mother and son, Aquino and Bimby were allowed to leave the country for Paris on Saturday, March 23.

Maybe, we ought to start calling her, the Queen of All Media Pronouncement! Sheesh!

Advertisements

Confirmed! Christian Bautista Officially a Kapuso


Christian Bautista is now a Kapuso

Christian Bautista is now a Kapuso

After months of negotiations, Christian Bautista finally decided to transfer to GMA-7. His grand Kapuso welcome is set this Sunday, March 24, on Party Pilipinas.

Christian Bautista finally decided to leave his mother network and become a Kapuso after several months of negotiations. He is set to perform in Party Pilipinas for the first time on March 24, 2013 which coincides with the show’s 3rd year anniversary.

And of course, aside from his much-awaited Kapuso welcome, Christian will be reunited with his fellow champs from ASAP, Mark Bautista and his ex-girlfriend Rachelle Ann Go.

Christian was discovered 10 years ago via the ABS-CBN talent search program “Star in a Million.”

James Yap Counters Kris Aquino’s TPO, Claims the Queen of All Media is Lying!


James Yap counters Kris Aquino's TPO

James Yap counters Kris Aquino’s TPO

“Walang katotohanan naman yan.”

That was how San Mig Coffee Mixers superstar James Yap responded when informed that his ex-wife Kris Aquino had filed a temporary protection order against him.

In her petition, Aquino accused Yap of making “overt sexual advances” last December, which allegedly traumatized their son James, nicknamed Bimby.

Aquino said that Yap “acted as if he was still entitled to his matrimonial rights” during a visit, in full view of their son.

But Yap said that it wasn’t what happened.

“Ayaw talaga ako i-kiss ni Bimby, so pumunta ako kay Kris, hinawakan ko siya rito. ‘Bimb, look o, ki-kiss ko na mama mo…’

“Tapos si Kris biglang nagsabi na, ‘Sinasaktan mo ako.’

“So hi-nug siya tapos ‘pag hug niya nakatalikod sa ‘kin si Bimby, nakaharap siya sa akin tapos ang mukha ni Kris, gumaganun-ganun siya tapos (ngiting aso) saka ko sinabi, ito talaga!”

Even before the incident, Yap said that he had felt that Bimby had been having ill feelings toward him because of things Aquino had been saying about him behind his back.

“Sobrang nasasaktan ako, kasi sinasabihan ako ng anak ko na, ‘I don’t like you, you’re a liar.’ Iniisip ko, ano ba ang ginawa ko?” said Yap, who broke down in tears during the interview.

“Sino nagsasa (pauses crying)… Sino nagsasabi sa ‘yo niyan? Sabi niya, ‘Mama, mama.’

“Pag sinasabihan ako masasakit na salita ang ginagawa ko, ‘Bimb, tingin ka sa mata ni Papa. Ito lang masasabi ko sa ‘yo, love na love ka ni Papa.’”

Yap said he has confronted Aquino, who responded with a threat.

“Sabi niya, ‘Baka nakalimutan mo, may three years pa yung brother ko.’ Sabi ko, ‘Ganun? Grabe ka naman ang yabang mo.’ Galit na galit siya nun,” said Yap.

He added that he had no reason to make advances on Aquino, since he has already moved on.

“Wala naman ako pakialam kay Kris, eh ang gusto ko lang makasama na yung anak ko,” said Yap.

Yap’s counsel, Lorna Kapunan, sees only one motive for Aquino’s TPO request: his refusal to sign adoption papers that would strip him of any rights to his son.

“She files one month after he did not sign the adoption. That’s our only inference,” she said.

But according to Aquino’s lawyer Frank Chavez, Yap’s infrequent visits to his son is enough for Bimby to build resentment against the two-time PBA Most Valuable Player.

“If you look at the records it was just 22-24 visits out of 104,” said the lawyer.

Yap and Aquino were married in 2005 before separating five years later. Their marriage was declared null and void last year.

From @interaksyon

Kris Aquino Files TPO Against Ex-Husband James Yap


photo from Rappler.com

photo from Rappler.com

Television host and actress Kris Aquino has filed a temporary protection order (TPO) against her ex-husband James Yap whom she accuses of making unwanted sexual advances to her in her home and of inflicting psychological harm to their son 5-year-old son Bimby.

Inquirer.net reports that the TPO filed from a Makati court will grant protection to Aquino and her son for 30 days from its issuance. But the petition, prepared by Aquino’s counsel (law firm Chavez, Miranda, Aseoche), wants the protection order to be made permanent.

The petition asks the court to order Yap to keep a distance of at least 100 meters from her, Bimby, and any member of their household. By the power of the TPO, Yap is also forbidden from visiting her residence, work place, Bimby’s school or any place frequented by mother and son.

The petition recounts the time the basketball player had visited Kris’s condominium unit in December 2012 to pick up his son as part of their twice-a-week visiting arrangement. He then entered Aquino’s bedroom and made “overt sexual advances” to Aquino which she resisted. Her rejection drove Yap to “utter mean and malicious statements.”

According to the petition, all of this happened in the presence of their son who had even positioned himself between his parents and had told Yap to leave the room and “stop hurting” his mother. He also begged Kris to “tell him to go away.”

The incident traumatized the boy who, the petition said, has shown signs of being upset and highly agitated whenever in the presence of his father or when he hears his voice on the phone.

The petition notes that the incident was made possible “by the unfettered access of respondent Yap on the household and persons of the petitioners.”

Aquino and Yap’s marriage was officially annulled last year. Though Yap was given twice-a-week visitation rights, the petition states that Yap has not maximized this, visiting the boy a maximum of 10 times in a year

Original story from here.

“Maya” and “Sir Chief” Trends on Twitter Anew


Maya and Sir Chief: the magic continues

Maya and Sir Chief: the magic continues

The magic of Maya (Jodi Sta. Maria) and Sir Chief (Richard Yap) has struck the entire nation again as “Be Careful With My Heart” recently did not only dominate the ratings game but ruled the trending topics list of the popular microblogging site Twitter

Based on the latest data from Kantar Media last Tuesday (March 12), ABS-CBN’s no.1 kilig-serye garnered 26.4% national TV ratings or 13 points higher than the 13.4% of its rival program in GMA “Eat Bulaga.”

The hashtag #SerChiefandMayaNationalKissDay became a trending topic nationwide for several hours. Netizens raved about Sir Chief’s surprise goodbye kiss to Maya that left the former nanny stunned. The kiss happened after the two attended the Junior-Senior Prom Night of Luke (Jerome Ponce) and Nikki (Janella Salvador).

Meanwhile, the whole cast of “Be Careful With My Heart,” led by Jodi and Richard, recently received the loudest cheer from the audiences in both 11th Gawad Tanglaw and 9th USTv Students Choice Awards.

Read the rest of the story here

Maja Salvador Claims She is Still Kim Chiu’s Friend


image

Kim and Maja: BFF No More?

Despite former BFF’s Kim Chiu and Maja Salvador’s falling out due to Gerald Anderson, Maja claims she has been and still is Kim Chiu’s friend.

“Basta ako, alam ko na alam niya na naging totoo akong kaibigan.

“At hanggang ngayon, nandito pa rin ako.”

She also said that she tried fixing the situation but it just is hard to do at this time.

“Naghihintay lang ako. Naghihintay lang ako kasi kailan lang naman ako tumigil mag-effort.

“Kahit na ano’ng mangyari, kaibigan niya pa rin ako.

“Ang pagkakaibigan, nagkakaintindihan.

“Pero nandito lang kami sa lugar ngayon, sa sitwasyon ngayon kung saan kailangan naming pagdaanan.

“Hindi ko man maibalik yung friendship na meron kami, pero sana in time, ma-realize niya, ng lahat, na nandito ako bilang totoong kaibigan.”

Maja’s long explaination is quite possibly her attempt to clear her image. Unfortunately, with a guy like Anderson, she’ll have a difficult time making the public warm up to her. After all, Anderson’s negative image has made him “undesirable number 1”. Proof of this is the public’s lukewarm reception of Anderson’s recent MMK guesting.

Here’s hoping she’d snap out of whatever power it is tge actor has got on her and realize that he is just not the guy worthy of losing a friend over.

Gumising ka, Maruja!

Angel Locsin and ER Ejercito bag top honors for Star Awards for Movies 2013


Angel Locsin is Star Awards for Movies Movie Actress of the Year

Angel Locsin is Star Awards for Movies Movie Actress of the Year

“Alagwa” and “El Presidente” emerged as the big winners in the PMPC 29th Star Awards for Movies which was held at the AFP Theater in Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City, Sunday night, March 10, 2013.

It’s vindication for the MMFF 2012 entry “El Presidente” after it bagged Movie of the Year plum plus 6 more trophies from this year’s Star Awards for Movies. The producers of the ER Ejercito starrer was dumfounded last year when it lost the Best Picture plum from Star Cinema’s “One More Try” at the 2012 Metro Manila Film Festival.

“Alagwa,” on the other hand, bested the Philippine’s official entry to the Oscars–”Bwakaw”–for the Indie Film of the year category. The Jericho Rosales-starrer also won Indie Film Director of the Year, Indie Movie Editor of the Year, and Child Performer of the Year for Bugoy Cariño.

ER Ejercito bagged the movie actor of the year award for El Presidente while Angel Locsin won Movie Actress for One More Try.

The 29th Star Awards for Movies was hosted by Piolo Pascual, Iza Calzado and Kim Chiu.

Read the complete list of winners here: